Vegan Crispy Tofu Stir-Fry (Serves 1)
100g firm silken tofu
1tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
1tbsp coconut oil
1/2 clove garlic
40g white cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 small carrot
1/2 small red pepper
5 asparagus spears
1tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Cut the tofu up into bitesize cubes (around 2cm square).
- Place the tofu into a flat-bottomed dish with the soy sauce and leave in the fridge for 1hr to marinate.
- Remove the tofu from the fridge, drain off the excess soy sauce and coat each piece lightly in cornflour.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with the coconut oil and fry off the tofu until golden brown and crispy.
- Once the tofu has cooked, remove from the pan and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the finely shredded onion, garlic, pepper and carrot into the pan and cook until slightly softened.
- Add in the cabbage and asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes before drizzling in the soy sauce and sweet chilli.
- Cook for one minute, add a little water if required to create a sauce.
- Serve the stir-fried vegetables over a small amount of cooked rice then add the crispy tofu on top.
- Sprinkle over a teaspoon of sesame seeds then enjoy.