ABOUT POLE FIT & FLEXY
The Pole Fit & Flexy website is here to bring all the information about and bookings for pole fitness lessons, flexibility training and nutritional advice together in one place.
- Cardiff University, BSc Biomedical Science, 2013
- Level 3 Pole Dance Community pole fitness instructor and grading assessor, 2014
- Pole Dance Community Level 5 Pole Dancer with distinction, 2014
- The Health Sciences Academy, Advanced Sports Nutritional Advisor, 2015
- Spin City, Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology, 2015
- Association for Nutrition approved, Diet Advisor, 2016
- Spin City, Stretch and Flexibility Instructor, 2016
Lucy began pole in the summer of 2011 and has been addicted ever since and always striving to get the most crazy strength tricks. Lucy trains at least 3 times a week and complements her pole training with strict gym-based strength-training sessions and high intensity interval training in the form of hill sprints to keep her on top form.
Lucy has competed as a finalist at several national competitions to date including;
- IUPDC, 2013 (representing Cardiff University)
- IUPDC, 2014 & 2015 (representing Plymouth University)
- The Bristol Pole Championships, Professional, 2017
- Miss Pole Dance UK, Semi-pro, 2015 and 2017
Having taken a year out from competing to complete her PhD she is now very much enjoying being back on stage.
In September 2014 Lucy qualified as a Pole Dance Community approved, 3-star instructor and grading assessor and has been teaching pole fitness to students of all ages and abilities ever since at The Art of Dance studio in Mutley Plain. Lucy works hard to incorporate all styles and techniques of pole into her lessons, from the tough strength moves to elements of the more sensual side of pole, incorporating lots of flow and floorwork along the way.